Terms and Conditions
Scroll down to view current membership promotion terms and conditions.
The following details the terms and conditions of holding a membership of the Adelaide Football Club.
Please note that the conditions which follow are the result of a number of factors. These include the needs of members and the Club itself (including the constitutional requirements) and legal compliance, where applicable.
1/ Categories of Membership
There are eight primary categories of membership covered by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions also apply, where relevant, to all other AFC memberships (Crow Baby, Birthday Club, Pet).
Entitles the holder to general admission entry to three (3) AFC (minor round) matches. Excludes access to the Showdown and the first Crows home game at Adelaide Oval. Entry is subject to capacity. In the event that any game is declared a ‘designated seat match’ it may be necessary to access a designated ticket (may attract booking fee). Members with general admission access can updrade to a reserved seat on a game-by-game basis, subject to availability (may attract upgrade fee). Full entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Click here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au).
1.2 Season Ticket (Silver)
Entitles the holder to attend 11 AFC (minor round) matches, and provides a reserved seat at Adelaide Oval. Additional entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Cick here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au). Silver membership does not carry voting rights.
1.3 General Admission 11
Entitles the holder to general admission entry to 11 AFC (minor round) matches. Entry is subject to capacity. In the event that any game is declared a ‘designated seat match’ it may be necessary to access a designated ticket (may attract booking fee). Members with general admission access can updrade to a reserved seat on a game-by-game basis, subject to availability (may attract upgrade fee). Full entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Click here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au).
1.4 Essential Crows
Entitles the holder to attend AFC (minor round) matches, and provides access to 'open choice' seating within the Adelaide Oval Members Reserve (Western stand). If fixture declared a 'designated seat match' you may be required to book a seat in advance through the advised ticketing agent (may attract booking fee). This category is a general admission membership and is subject to capacity. The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) reserves the right to close the stadium gates regardless as to whether or not all members entitled to admission to the Members Reserve on a day, have gained admission to the Members Reserve, if in the opinion of an official of the AOSMA, the admission of further persons to the Members Reserve would or might endanger the safety of those persons who have already been admitted to the Members Reserve. Access to the Adelaide Oval Members Reserve is subject to AOSMA's Conditions of Entry, including dress code. Additional entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Click here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au). Essential Crows membership does not carry voting rights.
1.5 Gold / Captain’s Club (upgrade)
Gold and Captain's Club upgrades provide additional member benefits including voting rights and a Grand Final Guarantee. Season Ticket, Essential Crows, Victorian and Interstate are the only categories of membership eligible for Gold and Captain's Club upgrades. Full upgrade entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Click here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au).
Entitles the holder to attend AFC (minor round) matches played at Melbourne venues (Etihad Stadium and the MCG). Additional entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Click here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au). Victorian Membership does not carry voting rights.
Entitles the holder to access a free ticket to one (1) Crows away game in their home state. Members are required to book their free ticket by completing the booking form included in their membership pack. Interstate membership is not available to residents living in Victoria. Interstate Membership does not carry voting rights. Additional entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Click here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au). Interstate membership is only available to members who reside in ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, TAS & WA.
1.8 Boundary Line
Entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Click here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au).
1.9 Global Crow
Prospective Global Crow members must have an international postal address to be eligible. Global Crow membership is not available to supporters that reside in Australia or New Zealand. AFL streaming access passes will not be sent to members that have an Australian or New Zealand address on their account. Entitlements will vary from season to season, at the discretion of the Club. (Click here to view benefit listings on 19thman.com.au).
2/ Membership year
Membership of the Adelaide Football Club shall commence on January 1st and end on December 31st of each year.
3/ General Conditions (including match access conditions and member benefits)
3.1 Access to AFL stadia via AFC membership by any member, or any guest introduced by the member is subject to the relevant venue's Conditions of Entry. (Click here to read Adelaide Oval's Conditions of Entry.)
3.2 The Club reserves the right to cancel or suspend the membership of any member if the member, or any guest introduced by the member to Adelaide Oval or any AFL venue, or a person to whom a member shall have loaned his members admission ticket, shall infringe any of the membership conditions or any regulations made by the Club or AOSMA from time to time or any other regulations made under an Act of Parliament in relation to Adelaide oval or any AFL venue and its use.
3.3 Club Liability. By accepting a membership of the AFC, the member acknowledges and agrees that for any person who utilises membership benefits, the Club is not liable for loss or damage (inc. without limitation loss or damage caused by negligence of the Club or SANFL).
3.4 Member merchandise may be subject to minor variations. Membership merchandise is unable to be replaced or exchanged (including garments where an incorrect size has been selected by the customer), unless an item is faulty or significantly different to what has been described in benefit listings. If an item is faulty or damaged on arrival, please contact Member Services on (08) 8440 6666.
4.1 Ticketing entitlements
Ticketing entitlements other benefits are detailed annually on 19thman.com.au.
4.2 Lost or stolen tickets
All members must inform the Member Service Centre if their tickets need to be replaced. A replacement fee of $15 is applicable in this instance.
4.3 Showdown (Adelaide v Port Adelaide) ticketing
For AFC ‘home match’ games, normal conditions apply to attendance and reserved seating. For AFC ‘away match’ games, Season Ticket holding, Essential Crows and Bronze members receive priority access to public daily tickets..
While people other than the ticket holder may use an AFC membership for attendance at home games (in the minor round) it is the strict policy of the Club that the AFC retains ownership of a membership and it is non-transferable for the benefit, gain or advantage of the holder of that membership or any other person. The membership ticket must be produced and/or delivered up to an employee or agent of the SANFL or the Adelaide Football Club upon request. Any membership sold outside normal ticketing procedures will be confiscated by the Club. In the event of the death of a member (and in cases of hardship) other family members may apply (in writing) to the Club for special dispensation to retain that membership for another family member. Note that this does not extend beyond immediate family, and a death certificate will be required, where appropriate.
Once a membership has been purchased, no refund either in full or in part will be paid in any circumstance.
4.6 AFL Finals
Entry to Finals matches involving the Club is not included in Club membership packages and all ticketing arrangements including the configuration of Adelaide Oval will be at the discretion of the AFL. Season Ticket, Essential Crows, General Admission, Bronze, Victorian and Interstate members will be able to access a member priority period in which to purchase tickets to finals with remaining tickets being made available to other categories of membership and the general public. Season held reserved seating will not be available to members for AFL finals.
Please note that for all AFL finals, juniors aged three (3) and over (as at 1/1/2014) must purchase a ticket for entry. Juniors who wish to qualify for finals priority must hold either, a junior Season Ticket, General Admission, Essential Crows, Victorian or Interstate membership. There are no junior tickets for the Grand Final however eligible junior members can access a concession priced ticket.
4.7 AFL Grand Final
In the event that Adelaide is a competing team in the AFL Grand Final, the Club will receive a limited number of tickets to allocate to members. Legend’s, Captain’s Club and Gold are the only membership categories that are guaranteed an opportunity to purchase one of these tickets. Any remaining tickets will be made available to Silver, Essential Crows, Interstate and Victorian membership categories subject to the conditions to be advised by the Club. The sales process will be advised once Adelaide is confirmed as a finalist and may be subject to a booking fee. Please note that for all AFL finals, juniors aged three and over (as at 1/1/2014) must purchase a ticket for entry. Juniors who wish to qualify for finals priority must hold either a Junior 11 game, Victorian or interstate membership. There are no junior tickets for the Grand Final however eligible junior members can access a concession priced ticket.
4.8 Interstate ticketing rights
Subject to a scheduled fixture, Adelaide Football Club Interstate members have access to a free ticket to an AFC away match in their state. The ticketing process will be advised by the Club prior to the season.
4.9 Deferment of membership
Membership holds are not permitted. The Club will, although, consider applications to hold seats due to extenuating circumstances (e.g. in the event of health issues or extended travel due to work commitments). These applications must be made in writing and contain attached documentation to support the application (letter from Doctor/specialist or employer). Any successful applications will incur a $125 on-hold fee. All applications to hold will be subject to approval at the discretion of the Adelaide Football Club.
5.1 Per the Articles of Association of the Club, (Captain’s Club, Gold and Bronze) membership categories are entitled to cast one vote for one (membership) candidate for election to the Board of Directors (subject to SANFL commission approval) by Postal Vote. The Club shall notify Captain’s Club, Gold and Bronze members of the procedure and timing for these elections on an annual basis.
5.2 No person under the age of 18 is entitled to vote.
6/ Change of Address
6.1 Changes of address can be made in writing to AFC Member Service Centre, PO Box 10, West Lakes, 5021 or over the phone (08) 8440 6690. Changes can also be made online at 19thman.com.au using the Account ID and password as advised on your renewal form. A change of address can only be requested by the named member and proof of identity may be requested.
7/ Easy Pay Instalment Plan
7.1 Easy Pay payments will be deducted in 10 equal instalments on the 14th of each month, beginning on 14 Dec 2013 or on receipt of renewal via a nominated VISA or MasterCard only.
7.2. By signing with the Easy Pay, you authorise Adelaide Football Club to arrange a debit of funds from your nominated credit card in amounts and at intervals as advised.
7.3 All members on Easy Pay are automatically included into an Auto Renewal Agreement, facilitating automatic rollover of your memberships from year-to-year.
7.4 Should a member be required to change categories of membership, the most appropriate membership according to the individual membership will be selected by the Adelaide Football Club. The selected membership will be applied to the member's account. Appropriate communication will be sent to members affected by a changed category of membership. Members will have an option to opt-out of this membership category or select a new membership category on their own behalf. Members can be required to change membership categories for the following reasons: A membership line is discontinued; The member is too old for that category according to AFL regulations; Membership terms and conditions have changed; Reserved seating allocations have changed.
7.5 Members will be given at least 14 days’ notice in writing of changes in the new amount of their next season's membership and to the terms of the Easy Pay agreement.
7.6 Members can only opt out of the Easy Pay at the conclusion of their last instalment and the first instalment for the following season by notifying Adelaide Football Club either in writing or via email online at 19thman.com.au. All outstanding payments must be complete at time of opting out.
7.7 The first instalment will be withdrawn on 14 Dec 2013 or on receipt of renewal, with further payments on the 14th of each following month. If any payment fails to transfer between institutions on the 14th, further attempts will be made in the next five working days to attempt to clear the fund transfer.
7.8 Members applying for the Easy Pay after the first scheduled payment will have the number of required payments deducted to bring them up to date with the schedule and then subsequent payments at each specified date.
7.9 If a member's debit is returned or dishonoured by a financial institution, a letter will be sent requesting immediate payment. Any fees levied to you by your financial institution will be payable to you.
7.10 Adelaide Football Club may suspend or cancel your membership if, on two consecutive occasions, your drawing is dishonoured by your financial institution. The Club will notify you by letter if the Club suspend or cancel your Easy Pay arrangement. (OPTIONAL: This will incur a $10 fee. Please note that at least 24 hours will be needed to reinstate your membership once payment is received.)
7.11 It is your responsibility to ensure that: (a) the account details you have provided are correct, including notification should the expiry date change within the 10 month program; (b) you have sufficient clear funds available in the nominated account on the scheduled drawing date.
7.12. If your Membership is suspended or cancelled, you will not be able to gain access to any matches during the Premiership Season or the Finals Series.
7.13. If you believe that a withdrawal has been initiated incorrectly, please contact the Adelaide Football Club Member Service Centre on (08) 8440 6666. You will receive a full refund of the withdrawal amount if the Club cannot substantiate the reason for drawing.
Crows Fan of The Week - Round 5
1. The promotion is titled ‘Crows Fan of the Week’ and will be promoted by the Adelaide Football Club via the following channels:
- AFC Club website (afc.com.au)
- AFC membership website (19thman.com.au)
- AFC Facebook (facebook.com/adelaidecrows)
- AFC Twitter (twitter.com/adelaide_fc
- AFC eNewsletter email campaigns
2. Information on how to enter, collection of personal information, and prizes, form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
3. The Promoter is: Adelaide Football Club (AFC) ABN 48 008 101 568; address AAMI Stadium 105 West Lakes Blvd, West Lakes SA 5021.
4. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, and companies associated with this promotion, including any prize producers, are ineligible to enter. Entry is open to all Adelaide Football Club supporters including financial members of the Adelaide Football Club.
5. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
6. The Promotion commences 9.00am ACST on 15 April 2014 and closes 4.00pm 17 April 2014 (Promotion Period).
7. All correct and valid entries submitted during the promotion period, will be entered into the prize draw to win the nominated prize. Entrants may only enter the competition once.
8. The ‘Crows Fan of the Week’ entry method is as follows:
a) Supporters will be invited to enter the competition online at 19thman.com.au/win
b) At the end of the promotional period one entrant will be chosen at random from all entries.
9. The ‘Crows Fan of the Week’ prize components and restrictions/ conditions are described below.
- 4 daily tickets to Rd.5 Adelaide v GWS Giants, Sunday 20 April, 2014
- Pre-game in-the-rooms visit
- The chance to toss the coin pre-game
10. The ‘Crows Fan of the Week’ total prize pool is valued at up to $500
11. The promotion prize draw will take place directly following the promotional period close (4.00pm 17 April 2014) at the Adelaide Football Club, AAMI Stadium 105 West Lakes Blvd, West Lakes SA 5021.
12. Winners will be contacted by email and/or phone and the Promoter will arrange prize collection. The winner’s name will also be published at 19thman.com.au/win The Promoter may record their address details so that the prize may be awarded.
13. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize or any part of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize or that part of the prize cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
16. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time during, or after the closing date of the promotion, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Entry. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure of the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of age, identity and residency at the nominated prize delivery address. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
20. If the winner of a major prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize may be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian.
21. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
23. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
24. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions of Entry
26. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.