Free public transport: Adelaide Oval Footy Express
The Adelaide Oval Footy Express will provide high-frequency bus, train and tram services for members and supporters during the 2014 Toyota AFL Premiership season.
Footy Express has been developed to make it easy and convenient for patrons to attend games at the venue.
Click here to download the Adelaide Oval Footy Express guide or view timetables online at adelaidemetro.com.au for specific route details. Printed copies will be mailed to members with The Pride Season Guide magazine in March.
With the new Riverbank Bridge – and its connections to the Adelaide Railway Station, the tramline and a range of bus routes – catching public transport to the Adelaide Oval will be easy!
Everything you need to know about the Adelaide Oval Footy Express:
- The Adelaide Oval Footy Express will operate on AFL game days only.
- Regular Adelaide Metro bus services will run as per existing timetables in the lead up to and after AFL games. Please note these services might not use all existing city bus stops due to the need to accommodate additional Adelaide Oval Footy Express services. Signage will direct passengers to any changed bus stop locations.
- Temporary bus stops will be established on King William Road to allow for passenger boarding and alighting.
- Several lay-over areas will be located in and around the city to allow buses to enter the terminal location on King William Road in a timely manner.
- Country buses will pick-up and collect passengers on Montefiore Road (south-east side of War Memorial Drive and north west side of War Memorial Drive)
- The capacity of the Adelaide Oval Footy Express services will be monitored to meet game demand.
Adelaide Oval Footy Express tram services will operate to and from North Terrace at a 5-10 minute frequency at all stops from 2 hours prior to the game and 1-1.5 hours after the game. Trams will service all stops between Glenelg and the Entertainment Centre.
Adelaide Oval Footy Express train services will operate at a 15-30 minute frequency at limited stops from 2 hours prior to the game and 2.5 hours after the game.
Park and ride
Park n’ Ride facilities are provided along the Adelaide Oval Footy Express tram stops and train stations with approx 6250+ parking spaces available. The Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure are working with the Adelaide City Council on further parking opportunities such as Bonython Park.